BLANKHOMEDOTABOUTDOTSCRIPTUREDOTWORKOUTSDOTCONTACTBLANK

Thursday, September 26, 2013

FAITH


Hello Blog friends. It has been awhile since I sat down to type out an actual post. The past 4-5 months have been a whirlwind. Sometimes life knocks you down but if you keep your eyes on Jesus HE will get you through any circumstance. I can testify to this. I won’t go into a lot of detail but I can say that I overcame a lot of my own struggles, anxieties and insecurities and I am still a work in progress…God is not done with me yet :)  I know my God has a wonderful plan for my life and I want to honor Him and TRUST him every step of the way. He has us where we are at for a reason.

Jeremiah 29:11
 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

 So what have I been up to the past few months?!
This summer I finished the school year and taught three weeks of summer school.  I did a lot of running and working out and I took care of my adorable and sweet niece Scarlet (I can’t believe she will be 3 in December!) I hung out with friends and family and attended a couple of weddings of my college friends. Got to witness two of my best friends (Guthrie and Jackie) get married which was so awesome and fun to be a part of.  I spent a lot of time with my good friend Asha who is now studying abroad in Ireland until December…I MISS HER!!  I also hung out with my best friend since 2nd grade Bre, and her boyfriend Adam. Also, our personal trainer from Anytime fitness (Amy) lives at Bre’s house and we have been able to spend time with her too she is awesome. I love attending her boot camps it is such a great workout!

My dad and I drove down to Arizona with Troy to move him into college which was a fun trip! He is playing D1 club hockey there and he is loving it so far. That was my first time being in Arizona and man was it HOT!
I started my first “new school year” as a teacher and things are going well so far. I have some other ideas of things I am hoping to pursue soon but that will be in another blog post.

I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE FALL and I am so excited for the leaves to start changing and to run in the crisp fall air.
The past few weekends I have been in Mason City hanging out and doing fun activities with Tim. Last weekend went to the Newman Catholic High School homecoming football game with our friend Kyle and we went to a winery/apple orchard in St. Ansgar to do some wine tasting and apple picking! Weekends are so much fun but they go by so fast! Next weekend Tim and I and our friends Mike and Teresa are running a 10k for Socktoberfest in Osage, Iowa…that should be fun!

We are LOVING the new sermon series at our church (Praise Community Church). It is called “building stronger relationships” and Pastor Jeff has been giving really good messages that have been going straight to my heart. I also have been attending a new Bible study on Wednesday nights…we are studying “Breaking Free” by Beth Moore and it is so awesome. GOD IS SO GOOD.

Well this post is getting very lengthy so I will end it with a bunch of pictures :)

God bless!
Me and Troy before we left for AZ

Precious Scarlet all ready to learn :) 

Picking Apples!

T-man picking apples

This is at Troy's college apartment...so cool

Me and KK on our way to Guth and Jack's rehearsal dinner

Tim's big catfish he caught off of Pastor Mark and Cassie's dock!

Erin Hummel and me with the beautiful bride JACKIE! 




Lyrics from the best song ever...Cornerstone. 

Hanging out on the boat this July :)

Fishing this summer!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...