BLANKHOMEDOTABOUTDOTSCRIPTUREDOTWORKOUTSDOTCONTACTBLANK

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Workout Wednesday

Happy Wednesday everyone!


Workout Wednesday is just a day each week that I am going to give some type of workout/healthy living tips. I am no expert but I have a passion for fitness and I think I can give some pretty trustworthy advice ;) If I could have a side job I think it would be a fitness/weight loss trainer.

I like to do some type of active activity every day. I like to get my heart rate up as often as I can throughout the week and I like to sweat and know that I am burning calories. However, I don’t necessarily do I full blown workout or run every day of the week. Lately I have been running about 4 days a week, averaging about 20-23 miles per week.

What I like to do other than run is abs/core, lower body, some arms (you will see very quickly that I am pretty weak in the arm area...oops) :)

I usually start out my day by eating breakfast. I find that working out or doing any type of physical activity is easier if I have some food in me. I will go into my breakfast habits in a later post but for now lets just say I am addicted to yogurt. And for a not-so-healthy side note…I am also addicted to diet mountain dew :/

After breakfast, on days that aren’t crazy busy/hectic with work or school I like to do some abs and jump squats almost every day.

Here is an example of a quick but effective ab workout: It’s called pick six

1) Lie on your back and put your feet in the air. Reach up and touch your toes 25 times

2) Iron crosses: lay on your back, bend left knee 90 degrees and bring your right elbow to your knee, crunching your stomach, do this 20 times and then switch knee and elbow and do 20 times on that side as well



3) 30 regular crunches...get your back all the way off the ground and focus on keeping your abs tight 

4) V-ups: lie on your back; bring your legs and arms up so your body looks like a V shape. Repeat 25 times

5)  Leg switches- lie flat on your back. Lift one leg off of the ground about 45 degrees and hold for 3 seconds. Switch legs back and forth 25 times.

6) Mason twists: sit on your butt, put your legs up at 90 degree angle, twist your body and touch the ground to your side with both hands, switching side to side quickly 50 times.

This ab workout is short and sweet. Do it every other day or whenever you have an extra 5 minutes. Enjoy and feel the burn!




 Xoxo,
Amber


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Amber! I'm gonna try to do this as much as I can fit it in :)
Alison

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...